/

I felt like a tech dinosaur

A couple of days after my 35th birthday, I had nothing to do. Thoughts of one's mortality touch the mind at times like these. What have I contributed to mankind's progress? What will future generations think of me? Oh deep thought... I always wanted to share my  experiences to others but was too lazy to update my past websites. What am I to do? Oh wait a minute... there's this thing called "blogging". Nah, too simple for someone like me whose been doing tech stuff since the age of the C64. Not to mention fiddling with the IIe and the Aquarius from the same prehistoric period.  Back then, Open Source meant a free program you had to type in from a magazine. No, I am the tech equivalent of a master jedi - building PC's, creating complex 3D models and hand coding with a text editor was normal to me. I can't be bothered with one-click-publishing blog nonsense. ;-) But wait a minute... this blogging thing may be just what I need. Easy setup and easy to update - just the thing a lazy guy needs. Then I realized I knew little about the subject :-(  The theory - that I know, but the jargon, well, I got left behind on that area. I felt like a tech dinosaur... even kids know more about this than me!  "Ok don't panic" I said to myself. There's bound to be good crash course tutorials out there. I went looking and found "Blogging for Dummies" by Brad Hill. Oh no! I can't be caught reading a "Dummies" book! But what the hey maybe no one will notice, it's the first Dummies book I will read anyway. So here I am after a few days of reading through it (good book btw), and here's my first post (or is it called entry?). Hopefully one of many from my multifaceted interests. I'm happy to report that no animals (or toy dinos) were hurt in the making of this blog - and only my wife saw me reading a Dummies book! :-)

RSS Feed

0 Comments for I felt like a tech dinosaur